In no particular order, here’s a list of my top 10 dream jobs.
1. An Author – I can’t help it. I love to write and I just can’t seem to fit myself into any particular niche. One minute I’m writing a romantic comedy and the next, I’m working on a mystery. Whether its poetry, prose or screenplays, all that matters are the words and the story.
2. Free Lance Travel Writer & Photographer – I’ve always wanted to travel around the world to the most exotic and unknown places and capture them with my writing and photography.
3. International Food Critic – I love food that invigorates my taste buds. Just no bugs, squid or other weird things.
4. Actress – Someone doesn’t win 4th runner up out of 4,000 hopefuls in an acting competition in New York City unless they’re good. I love acting and pretending to be someone I’m not. It’s like writing, only there’s a greater rate of instant gratification.
6. Country Music Star – Music is in my heart and if I could carry a tune, I’d take it all the way to the Nashville stage.
7. Cowgirl – Gimme a wide open ranch with horses, dogs, sheep and birds and I’ll show you what a slice of Heaven on Earth really looks like.
8. Radio DJ – I’ve actually already done this job back in college. But it would be fun to do it again, to a real audience of listeners.
9. Dolphin Trainer – I know that Sea World is a cruel place, but I’d give anything to be able to have a special bond with a dolphin. They are truly magical creatures and deserve our attention and respect.
10. Island keeper – The idea of having my own island to explore sounds euphoric and liberating, but then I think about the bugs, dirt and possible lack of fresh water and I hesitate, but only for a moment.